1864 - The Victorian building

In the collection of the Glynllifon estate’s documents an architect’s design for Ty’n Llan is dated 1864 showing a plan for the two floors and views of the front of the building and of the garden-facing gable end. This strongly suggests that this is when the current premises were built. It may be that it was after this that the inn was given an English name as well as the Welsh one, since it is in 1865 that the first reference to the Harp Inn, Llandwrog is seen. Despite this, it was the Welsh name which was retained colloquially.