A fair life
- Ty’n Llan was built in the 1830s as part of the Glynllifon estate
- It’s an impressive Grade II listed historic building and was the heart of the picturesque village of Llandwrog
- From Eben Fardd to Edward H – poets, singers and celebrities have met here over the years
A safe world
- The pub’s doors closed in 2017 and the village was left with nowhere to meet and socialise
- In February 2021 over 100 villagers showed their support to safeguard its future and within a few days short-term loans were secured from local residents to allow the community to buy the building
- Menter Ty’n Llan, a Community Benefit Society, was established with a Management Committee of 14 experienced members
- Now we must raise at least £400,000 as our contribution to this ambitious project estimated to cost £850,000 which will create a contemporary and exciting community hub
A good old beer
If we reach our financial targets, we can realise our vision of
- a contemporary bar, kitchen and restaurant
- four en-suite bedrooms with kitchenette
- a rear extension with views of the Eifl
- a multi-purpose room for community events, private parties and celebrations
- an attractive beer garden for the whole family with an outdoor kitchen
- ample parking with a charging point for electric cars
Let’s clean the pipes and dust the bar,
If you contribute – we’ll go far!
Please join us!
Closing date for buying shares:
11th June 2021
Buying a share makes you a member of the society and gives you a say in how it is run. Each member has one vote, no matter how many shares they buy. The cost of one share is £100 and the maximum amount that can be invested is £50,000. Please invest generously!
You must be at least 16 years old to invest, but shares can be bought on behalf of a child. You may receive interest on your investment in future and could receive Social Investment Tax Relief (SITR).